The Association of American Women in Europe (AAWE) is a nonprofit volunteer association and bicultural community of American women primarily in France and in Europe and around the world.
The vision of AAWE is to be the reference for women with strong American ties looking for a cultural “home,” an advocacy base, an information source, a support and social network, and an avenue for community service
AAWE’s mission is to:
- support its members at all stages of life.
- provide information relevant to their evolving needs, including bilingualism, education, citizenship, voting, and legal rights.
- create bonds, lifelong friendships, and support networks.
- maintain American cultural heritage and promote its transmission to members’ children.
- contribute to the wider community through public events, publications, and community service.
- encourage cross-cultural understanding.