Why I volunteer as editor of AAWE News
Back in 2010, when Sarah Colton, the previous Editor of AAWE News, asked me if I would consider replacing her, many questions raced through my mind. Yet the one that mattered is still the one that guides me today: How would being Editor align with my values, goals, and purpose?
Here is my answer:
- I believe in the mission of AAWE; in particular, to provide a supportive community for American women in France.
- I wish to continually improve my writing and editing skills.
- I am always curious to know what is going on in the club.
- I enjoy getting to know people and working with them to create beautiful things.
- I embrace the opportunity to continually hone my leadership skills.
My primary goal as News Editor has been to create an inviting, attractive, and substantive communication tool, which gathers and reflects the dynamism of the club, and contributes to a feeling of belonging and participation among members: A “Clubhouse in your Mailbox”.
Thank you Madame Presidents for entrusting me with this job, and thank you all who have served along with me. As far as I am concerned, offering over 150 hours a year of my time to AAWE as Editor of the News is truly a Labor of Love.